Kokonut Network Action Plans
- Coordinate with the community agricultural producers in the area about the seriousness of the issues on the production of safety through good agriculture practices.
- Develop awareness, education, and information dissemination programs.
- Establish alliances with institutions to protect and preserve soils, biodiversity, and water sources.
Good agricultural practices:
- Safe production of contaminating agents.
- Sanitary safety measures in handling during harvesting, collection, storage, and transportation.
Risks in agricultural production:
- Biological risks: Bacteria, yeasts, fungi, parasites, and viruses.
- Chemical risks: These are natural weeds, fungal toxins, alkaloids, and added chemicals (pesticides, antibiotic fertilizers).